Tuesday 20 September 2011

A necessary evil...

I have my dreaded three yearly necessary evil tomorrow at 1040. The single most unflattering thing you have done in a womans life aside from childbirth and possibly a hollywood. I feel sick though already at the prospect of it. Just thinking about it makes me want to heave which considering I've had two children is just bizarre.

Once its done it's done though for another three years, then you wait for your test results, cue more nausea when they hopefully say, all clear.

I would rather have the embarassment of laying on the bed knickerless with some nurse sticking a cotton bud around my cervix than not and discovering cervical cancer too late. Look at Jade Goody....too little too late. They say she left a legacy. But did she really? The uptake of smear tests is declining again and I just don't understand why people do not just book up and do it. I will tomorrow go through step by step exactly what happens so that those that do not want to or are nervous about it will know exactly what they're expecting.

It's no biggie, it's a necessary evil, but it could save your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment