Monday 26 September 2011

Off to Bedfordshire-some thoughts before I go.

Not really much to report from here tonight. J is at his dads for the evening as his dad is off work and taking him to school tomorrow and picking him up so no school run tomorrow..WOOHOO!! I'm so proud of him at the moment. We're doing his high frequency words at the moment which are basically words that appear frequently in books he's reading. I'm doing them with him every night and the progress he's making in his reading ability is amazing. I really want him to be happy and do well at school. But neither will happen if he doesn't enjoy and can't do the work. He's got a good head for numbers so I'm not so bothered about that but his reading I am. I remember watching a tv program before he started school about how boys always lag behind at school and some choir teacher went in and taught them all differently using more active outside stimulus to avoid boredom that boys so easily get. I just don't want J to be one of those boys. It scares me. Lots.

I've been trying to do college work tonight and have acheived a fairly substantial amount of the essay. I'm just concerned I won't get it done in time. However I have Wednesday morning to do it whilst R is at the childminders just need to be focused and get it done. I just study better at night time. I'm a night owl. Nevermind, I will need to get into to it properly as come University time I won't know my arse from my elbow unless I get organised and not like this:



Talking of Uni, I've been considering the long term future of our furry friend Emily. I just don't think I'm going to have the time for her when I start. She barely gets walked enough as it is. She doesn't get the stimulation she needs and although we do have a big enough garden for her, it's not fair on her to expect to be shut up indoors whilst I'm doing uni, placements and looking after the boys. I feel so so mean as we've just got a cat and I don't want her to think she's been replaced. I've been thinking about her long before the cat came on the scene. In fact since I knew I was going to be going to Uni. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. She's a lovely dog, really great with the boys and I may not even get in next year so just going to see how it goes.

Joshua decided on the name for our cat - Betty. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment